Racial Violence

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: MelaNet UnCut Talk: Racial Violence
By Jim ( - 63.212.165.196) on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

In the recent reports of rioting in Seattle, New Orleans and Philadelphia on the news, there seemed to be a pattern of blacks attacking whites, including a black man belting a white woman in the face in Seattle and a mob attacking a white couple in a luxury sedan in Philly. Of course, interracial violence in this country is overwhelming a pattern of black on white rather than white on black, so these are just a few more examples of a long standing pattern, but one would hope that the interracial aspect of these crimes would at least be touched on in the media, but so far they haven't been. There's no doubt that had it been gangs of whites attacking stranded blacks that it would have attracted world-wide attention and marches from the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, but because it's the usual pattern of whites being attacked by blacks, it seems silence is all the media can respond with.

And why is it that blacks riot so much? It happens so frequently: an unpopular verdict is read, and there's a riot; a traffic accident happens and a black kid is killed and they riot against Jews; the Chicago Bulls win and they riot; Mardi Gras is celebrated and they riot. What does it take to stop this kind of behavior?

By saltydog ( - 64.12.102.23) on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 02:32 pm:

What does it take to stop white supremacists from making their unfounded charges? Crime flourishes wherever there is poverty and a glaring disparity in living standards between the races. Unless you're totally ignorant about the causes of the racial problems in this country, as is the white supremacist who made the above post, it just doesn't boil down to a black on white conflict. As far as riots go, I distinctly recall that it is mostly white crowds rioting whenever a sports franchise wins a championship. The recent Mardi Gras riot in Seattle was notable for the hundreds of white kids in the streets assaulting people, destroying property, and generally raising hell.

By Jim ( - 63.212.165.196) on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 04:42 pm:

Salty:
1) I am not a "white supremacist," and the charge I made is anything but unfounded. Interracial crime in this country is overwhelmingly a black-on-white phenomenon. 2) Crime does not HAVE to flourish simply because there is poverty. For most of the the last centry, even during the Depression, crime even in impoverished parts of this country was minimal to what it is today. In many parts of the rest of the world, such as Egypt, Thailand, etc., poverty is widespread but crime is again minimal. 3) "Glaring disparity in living standards between the races" may indeed be a factor as resentment, unfounded or otherwise, might lead to crime. It is, however, an untested hypothesis and is certainly no excuse whatsoever for the crime. 4) I am far from ignorant about the cause of racial problems in this country, and probably the single greatest of current racial problems is racism within the black community. 5) As for whites rioting during sports championships, it's been known to happen, but not with the frequency of black crowds doing it, and if you look at the riots I alluded to, they were predominantly black affairs. 6) If the recent riots in Seattle were mostly by whites, that's news to me. The footage I saw was of streets filled with black guys, and I was surprised to learn that there were that many blacks in Seattle. If I'm wrong on that, I'm wrong, but from what I saw it was an overwhelmingly black crowd.

By saltydog ( - 64.12.105.32) on Friday, March 2, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

The people I saw rioting in the Seattle Mardi Gras incident were a bunch of beer swilling obnoxious white boys. Anyone who thinks Egypt and Thailand are such safe havens from crime should go live in one of those countries. The reason the media refuses to sensationalize interracial crimes is because it's a nonissue. Crime is overwhelmingly an intraracial phenomenon. Black people, for example, are six times more likely than whites to be murdered. Fully 90% of white murder victims were murdered by other whites. When is Jim going to stop lying about this issue?

By Martin ( - 205.188.200.26) on Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 05:00 am:

One of the biggest lies is that whites don't riot.
Whites riot often also. Ever notice how
destructive whites are when they party...they like
to break stuff for a good time. Take the two
Woodstocks or springbreaks as an example. Then
when blacks riot they turn around and shake their
heads hypocritically. White people are just having
a good time. Blacks are violent. Whites have an
equally violent history just as black have. White
riots aren't publicized as much
--------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

By Martin ( - 205.188.200.37) on Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 05:56 am:

Exuse me...publicized or "hyped up" as much.

This kinda of thinking falls in line with the
belief that black people are more likely to steal.
I remember a while back hearing a report givin by
this crime analyst talking about how blacks are
given a bad rap on the crime issue as far as
theivery is conscerned. He basically said there is
no significant differance of stealing between the
white and black race.

If you want to know, this report was given by a
white guy....if that gives it more validity for u.

Since somebody lives in a black community, it
is by logic that they will more than likely be
robbed by some one black. Blacks do not steal more
than whites. Never have.

But the reason this is thought is not based
soley on racism i'll admit (But it is largely).
Part of it is economic background. The way this
entire country views racial issues of anykind is
poor black and upper to middle class white.

Statistically....and logicially, lower classes
steal more than upper classes. You don't have to
steal if you always have the money lol. So its
always viewed as the poor black stealing from the
rich white. Rich whites are so busy watching the
blacks (of all economic backgrounds) that they
miss the poor white who is robbing them blind.

This also leaves the poor white, who happen to
be the vast majority of the country, culturally
invisible. They are the joke that all blacks and
middle/upper class whites joke about.

There is an interesting book conscerning this
called

"The Redneck Manifesto"

It talks about how the poor white has become
socially ostracized. I don't agree with all of the
premises of the book but I found it to be very
interesting. Check it out.

On a comical note, I remember Chris Rock told a
a talkshow host about how he had some friends who
worked out the perfect scam.

They were white and black kids working together
to steal. The black kids would walk in the store
looking as culturally black as possible (afros
corn rows the whole 9 yrds). While the store owner
was busy watching the black kids, the white kids
would rob the place. A decoy if you will.

They would later meet and devide the booty. On
the brighter side its good to see the races coming
together for a common cause lol.

As far as black on white crime goes. I think its
an after effect of the violence in the black
community.

So for every 1 white person a blackman attacks,
he has attacked 10 times the amount of blackmen.
He is far more violent to black people than he is
to white people. This is more than likely auite
intentional do to the color complex amongst Black
people.

So as we sit quietly as that black man
slaughters black people....you want me to have a
heart attack when he decides to move up and kill a
white person?!?!

Sounds like the 2/3rds of a man idea that "used"
to be popular.
--------------------------------------------------
-

By saltydog ( - 205.188.193.29) on Sunday, March 4, 2001 - 05:44 pm:

Amen, Martin. I couldn't have said it better myself.

By Jim ( - 63.212.165.196) on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 09:50 am:

Salty:

=The people I saw rioting in the Seattle Mardi Gras incident were a bunch of beer swilling obnoxious white boys.=

The only scene I saw was of a crowd of black people with one punching a white woman who had the bad luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

=Anyone who thinks Egypt and Thailand are such safe havens from crime should go live in one of those countries.=

And you have?

=The reason the media refuses to sensationalize interracial crimes is because it's a nonissue.=

It's a huge issue.

=Crime is overwhelmingly an intraracial phenomenon. Black people, for example, are six times more likely than whites to be murdered.=

And 8 or 9 times more likely to be murderers.

=Fully 90% of white murder victims were murdered by other whites. When is Jim going to stop lying about this issue?=

I realize simple reason is beyond you, but crime includes more than just the category of murder, and when you include all crime -- assault, robbery, rape, carjackings and so forth, blacks not only commit more crimes against whites than they do against other blacks, they commit 10 times as many crimes against whites as whites do against blacks, and since there are roughly 1/6th as many blacks as whites, that translates into a rate of cross-racial victimization of roughly 60 times greater than whites victimizing blacks. It is an ENORMOUS disparity.

As to when I'm going to stop lying about this issue... since I've never started to lie, I can't very well stop something I've never begun. Now, however, if you'd stop making unfounded statements born of prejudice and ignorance, we'd be getting somewhere.

By saltydog ( - 205.188.200.27) on Monday, March 5, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

Oh lamentations! Jimbo, the smalltime prolix writer of white supremacist fustian has questioned by powers of reason and accused me of making unfounded statements. I am utterly chastened.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: