Traslation

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: MelaNet UnCut Talk: Traslation
By C:Z ( - 194.16.71.1) on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 02:43 am:

Hey.. What does "Mountzion" mean?
And "Zealots"...

just some words i need to get translated..

thanks

By White Vamp ( - 216.24.71.108) on Sunday, April 8, 2001 - 09:59 pm:

Translate this : G......O........f.....u...............c.....................k..................y.................o..................u...................r.....................s......................e.....................l.....................f.

By c:z ( - 212.181.216.170) on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 06:45 am:

why are you so rude!

Can anyone please help me??

By Jim ( - 63.208.84.155) on Monday, April 9, 2001 - 08:07 pm:

To c:z:
Zion was a section of Jerusalem in biblical times (maybe still in the present; I don't know if modern Israel restored the ancient Hebrew name). I believe it's where the Temple Mount of recent history is located. It's also the word on which the word "Zionist" came from, meaning Jews who wanted to establish the area that is now Israel as the Jewish homeland.

Zealots were a group of Hebrews in ancient times that were very strict in their practices and very firm in their wanting a Hebrew land that would observe those strict practices. Simon, one of Jesus' disciples, last name was "Zealots" or "Zelots", meaning he was of that sect. Nowadays, the word refers to anyone who is exceptionaly fervent in his or her beliefs, and doesn't necessarily refer to Hebrew beliefs.

Hope that helped.

By c:z ( - 62.20.224.168) on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 07:30 am:

thanks!

By Jim ( - 63.208.85.47) on Wednesday, April 11, 2001 - 08:41 am:

No problema.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: