Did integration hinder or hurt African Americans?

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: When Black Men Ruled The World (On Africentrism): Did integration hinder or hurt African Americans?
By
Martin Cruse on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 12:57 am:

Before integration blacks respected eachother more
(male/female), we had a strong sense of family and
community, and we supported our own businesses
more. We actually had better schools than most
poor whites. Poor whites are most of the country
mind you. Yes a few blacks have gotten a lot more
but most ended up with less.

Plus...the unified black community never would
have stood for the flooding of crack into our own
communities by the government.

So i say the civil rights era was all for not
cause we ended up with less than what we had
before.

Anybody naive enough to disagree?

By Awa on Sunday, February 20, 2000 - 02:00 pm:

Intergration did fore-shorten the personal development of the African Native existence. The thought that people of African decent can not find pride in thier existence is like re-establishing the 2/3rds status of humanitity.
It is about time that people of African decent discard the trappings of the oppressor and robe themseles with the pride of being able to survive the pains of the last 350 years. get over the oppression, join together and stop acting like crabs in the barrel. Work together, ban together and support each other. Make your own ways, and make them great for the next generations to come. Give the children of the world a different story to tell from this point on.

By Steve Smith on Saturday, February 26, 2000 - 10:25 pm:

Integration is bad for all races! Multiculturalism is turning the United States into a Third World Nation!

By raszeke on Tuesday, February 29, 2000 - 08:10 am:

i think the biggest lie told by the civil rights advocates was that black children would recieve a better education by attending school with whites. although the goverment spent more money on the white schools. in retrospect with the loss of black community based centers for education the educational needs of young black children were placed in the hands of people who did not have their best interest at heart. by attending schools with predominantly white teachers began the process of miseducation, for which many of us are trying to overcome today

By Donnarenee on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 11:29 pm:

Raszeke I agree with you.

By Tim Franklin ( - 156.99.90.178) on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 03:33 am:

I agree that intergration hurt the Black Communities in many ways.The fight for intergration was a tactic by well meanning people in what they considered to be a logical stradigy to address the issue of racism. intergration did not work because every thing was intergrated out of the Black collective community.

By Wade ( - 24.16.182.104) on Monday, September 25, 2000 - 03:00 pm:

I look forward to a future society divided by giant electric fences separating the races, so that we never, ever have to see someone of another color again. Amen.

By bmawute ( - 206.170.78.254) on Wednesday, September 27, 2000 - 08:09 pm:

Integration has definitely hurt us. We no longer have our own identity as a whole and are a confused people. Until we learn to put together and work the principles of culture, economics and politics, nothing will change for us. If you don't know who you are and where you come from, then you cannot know where you must go. Accept your own and be yourself Black Man and Black Woman and the floodgates of heaven will open for us again.

Peace

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: