IS ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE OR THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISE RELIGION HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO OR WITH AFRICENTRISM?

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: When Black Men Ruled The World (On Africentrism): IS ANYTHING IN THE BIBLE OR THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTISE RELIGION HAVE ANY CONNECTION TO OR WITH AFRICENTRISM?
By
HipLashone on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

I am very interested in knowing if the Seventh-day Adventise teachings are of this Indigenous traditional African Religion, and is anything, even the 10 Commandments in the Bible worth believing? I am a young black woman who wants to know the truth about all of my African Traditions. I love all of you Black People who 'type' the truth. You have my attention!

By reality_check on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 02:24 pm:

Good gracious, lorrrd save us! What the hell has seventh day adventists got to do with Africentrism? Do you have any idea at all what each of these two things are? Do you have no better (read: more serious and substantive) question to ask?

By HIPLASHONE on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 08:50 pm:

YOU WANNA KNOW SOMETHING 'REALITY_CHECK' I FEEL LIKE NOW ITS TIME TO USE THE 'IF YOU DON'T KNOW ASK, CLICHE'AND 'NO QUESTION IS DUMB,STUPID,ETC. WANTING TO KNOW IS HALF THE BATTLE. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DIS A BRAINWASHED PERSON, GO AHEAD, BUT IF YU CAN'T TEACH ME ANYTHING DISSING ME, I WILL KINDLY IGNORE YOU WITH NO PROBLEM.
AGIAN, CAN ANYONE PLEASE DISCUSS THIS FOR ME PLEASE. TELL ME WHY? WHY TO EVERYTHING?

By swo on Thursday, March 16, 2000 - 08:56 pm:

hiplashone, i think 7th Day Adventist is
a product of "eurocentric" protestant
beliefs but i'm no religion expert..i
doubt if any of the organized religions
of europe and all there off shoot
denominations have anyting in common
with the belief system of African people..
but there are lots of post about religions
and beliefs, there are some very deep brothers
and sisters dropping knowledge about them
so check out some of the other post...hope u
find what cha looking for young sista..

By Awotunde on Saturday, March 18, 2000 - 06:56 pm:

Sister, your question seems to be quite sincere. I must emphatically say to you that NO, Seventh Day Adventistism has nothing to do with Africentricism just as the whole religion of Christianity, or the whole gammit of Western religion (Judaism, and Islam included) have nothing to do with Africentricism. I guess you can MAKE anything LOOK Africentric.

By Reality_Check on Wednesday, March 22, 2000 - 04:26 pm:

I'm sorry, HipLaShone. I did not mean to disrespect you.

The 7th Day Adventists believe all the nonsense of white Jesus and Christianity, with the exception that they think Saturday, not Sunday, should be the day of rest and worship.

By the way, they are riught on this one. The christians changed the Hebrew sabbath from Saturday to Sunday, arbitrarily, to accomodate some of their pagan converts.

Afrocentrism is a way of looking at things, at history, philosophy, psychology, from the African point of view. Afrocentrists do not believe in the history written and fed to us by white folk. Most of it is biased, distorted history, designed to make everything African look bad and everything white or European look wonderful.

Afrocentrists are doing their own research and writing their own books, that show that most of written history, so far, is a lie, a big lie. Africa was the source of the earliest advanced civilization. In fact, human beings originated from Africa.

There were significant and advanced ways of life in Africa long before the europeans came to kidnap and steal us away from our ancestral homes. Afrocentrism preaches self respect, self reliance, knowledge of self, pride in who you are, your origins, your true history, your culture.

Afrocentrism goes back to recapture the original religions of Africa, which is based on a belief of a Supreme Being, an Omnipotent God, a force, energy, spirit, that inhabits all of us, all of nature, etc. And, no, 7th day Adventists have nothing to do with Africa, even though the group has some converts in Africa today, but it is a small group.

We do not believe in a white Jesus. That is false. We believe in the God force, in nature, a Supreme being of Goodness. This world has seen to much evil, often tied to white people and racism and bigotry and war.

Africans everywhere are embracing African religions, and Egyptian religions, and Islam, and other religions that are not so eurocentric. Any religion that supports the worth of a human being, no matter how poor, how different, etc, but christianity, in all of its varieties, ahve not lived up to its promise. In fact, based on what we know now, christianity is a false, false religion, and has supported war and oppression and slavery and deceit and colonization all through history. The benefactors have always been white and the sufferers almost always non-white.

HipLaShone, I hope this helps. Also, try your local library or bookstaore. You may find some additional information on some of these topics.

Again, forgive me for being a little hard on you at first. I am sorry. Good luck to you. Write back if any of us can help.

Chaaaoo!

By Hiplashone on Wednesday, March 22, 2000 - 09:29 pm:

SWO and to you AWOTUNDE,I thank you for your reply.
I know this may sound strange, but I don't think people (African/Blacks) are willing to let the Bible go. And especially the Baptise. Now I myself was a 7th Day Adventise, I believed because I was told that if I read the Bible, I would see that the Bible says in the 10 commandments, to remember the 7th day, and keep it holy. Now upon reading that as a child and being 'brainwashed' in going at it, the whole nine yards, such as;(just to say of a few) we had to have everything cooked cleaned, ironed, all worldly matters put away come Friday before the sun sets.No worldly matters none whatsoever on Saturday until the sun sets. We had to rememberize a lot of stuff out of the Bible every week all week long, to keep our minds on the Bible. Now to me it seemed like everything in the Bible was (is) a guideline to grow into this supposed Christ-like way, but so far I have yet to see ANYBODY Christ-like. This is partially the reason I feel so confused by all religions,including the African Traditions. What is the purpose of it all? Why do we need a religion or a tradition anyway? Better yet what is OUR purpose? I know I may be venturing off here, but as I think of one thing, something else seems to come up too. I guess what I really want to say is; (this is for anybody) IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING(anything good for your well being)YOU CAN AND WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING!
What is Christ-like anyway?
Peace.

By HIPLASHONE on Friday, March 24, 2000 - 10:21 pm:

OH MY GOODNESS REALITY-CHECK, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.
I must say that I appreciate your post, it is most enlightening information I've heard so far. Your post indeed sums it up for me, and yes, I have been doing some more reading, but I still could not comprehend. You really broke it down to me, plain and simple, and yes I must also say it is right-to-the-point! Thank you REALITY-CHECK.

By hiplashone on Friday, March 24, 2000 - 10:40 pm:

PS.REALITY-CHECK
I will print your information out and show it to my family. I believe your post will help a lot of my 'brainwashed' family and friends for sure. And also some of the other post that has so far 'gotten my head out of the sand', I for one, will be spreading this and all the other in- formation I've recieved and read to the people I know. And I have already started in my house. As of now my children are studying at home EVERYDAY about this,what I'm learning, and also Black inventors. And I'm not going to stop here, I'm printing all of this information out.
Thank you my people!

By Reality_Check ( - 151.200.108.30) on Friday, March 24, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

Thank you, HipLaShone. There are several people in here who are posting some wonderful staff. Stuff to make us proud, and to help us love one another. God made us Black for a good reason. Nothing to be ashamed of. Keep on reading and printing and sharing. God (I mean the real God) bless you. talk to you soon.

Reality_Check

P.S: Come back once in a while. I will try and post more ainformation that may be helpful to you and others. I, too, learn so much from these posts.

Peace.

By cheribum ( - 205.188.198.54) on Saturday, May 20, 2000 - 07:37 pm:

Hiplashone,

No question is a dumb question, i have no degree like some here ,but what we all have something worthwhile to say. We may not be as eloquent as some who spew out a lot of facts and figures but we are living the life. We only validate what we think is relevant. For this we will always suffer!!. But yet we want to know what is wrong with us. Go figure!. Anyway my husband was one and he only talks about the vegetarian part. Why? maybe because the pastor of his church was white and really had nothing to offer a mainly black congregation other than the basics of the their faith (vegetarianism, one true God,etc) i can not say that those Seven day adventist that are progressive and are led by blacks are that way. I gave up on all the nonsense dealing with church. Most of it is posturing anyway. The people leave there empty like they came.. I do feel all religion has its roots in Afrocentrism. the Yoruba have stories of the sky gods and how they created man (very colorful) even beautiful stories. Other than that i do not know. Maybe some of our Edu-ma-cated folks can help. I will even do some research.

Peace and love

cheribum

By Chantelle ( - 205.232.102.21) on Friday, August 4, 2000 - 02:08 pm:

As a former Seventh Day Adventist let me tell you there is nothing there for black people. This organzation is one of the most racist institutions I have ever seen. The blacks in my former church had absolutely no black consciousness. And as a black member you better not try bringing any in the church either. That is the reason I left. I could not stand to see that white jesus being held up as god to our black children. I could not stand the white centered sabbath school lessons (books) all the characters were white even the eyptians. And when I as the youth coordinator I tried to bring a Kwaanza celebtation to the church, I was told it was not biblical, as if Christmas is (they go all out for Christmas). I remember that I was the only member of my congregation who was outraged with the Amadou Diallo verdit. The toms in my church told me that we should forgive the cops and just leave it in Jesus' hand. Can you beleive that? My advice to any black christian is to first study and then throw that damn bible away, don't even touch it. It has nothing to offer strong black nation builders. Nothing but a pack of copied over lies. Greek Methology. Black people stop looking for someone to come from the sky to save you. Jesus is not coming back, all a pack of lies. We are the only ones who can save ourselves.

By 420 DAWG ( - 216.186.206.242) on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 10:52 pm:

STUPID •••••! ALL THIS TALK ABOUT JESUS BEING BLACK! OOOOOOOOH REAL NICE. LETS INVENT BULLSHIT BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO WORSHIP NO HONKEY CRACKER. I WANT A FUCKIN RELIGION OF CONVINIENCE. I IGNORE THE FACTS BECAUSE I FEEL DEGRATED. BOOHOO.

HERES THE TRUTH: THERE IS NO GOD. THERE IS NO HIGHER BEING. ALL PEOPLE EVOLVED FROM BASIC LIFEFORMS THAT ORIGINATED WHE THE PRIMORTAL SOUP KNOWN AS EARTH CHURNED AND CREATED AMINO ACIDS, THE FIRST PROTEINS. A FEW BILLION YEARS LATER...YOU GET THE PICTURE. NOW SOME PEOPLE (WHITES) HAVE EVOLVED TO HAVE HIGHER INTELLIGENTS TO CREATE THE TECHNOLOGY TO THRIVE, WHILE OTHER PEOPLE (BLACK) ADAPTED PHYSICALLY TO SURVIVE. IT IS NAIVE TO BELIEVE THAT RACE IS MERELY SKIN DEEP. BUT BACK TO THE RELIGION ARGUMENT...OH YEAH. RELIGION IS A DRUG THAT WEAK MINDED PEOPLE USE TO ESCAPE THE REALITY THAT HUMAN LIFE HAS NO MEANING AND ENDS AS ABRUPTLY AS IT BEGINS.

By Lakita ( - 205.188.199.143) on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 04:18 pm:

You people havelost your minds. I am a black women who attends a Baptist church. For the most part I have always been spriritualy connected to the Lord.(God) Don't get it twisted all church going people are not empty feeling people out looking for a fix. I've heard so many cruel things about being a christian. How it's bull. But reality is that it's not. We have to follow what's right for us. If you want to believe that there is no God Then believe that but I'm here to write that you're wrong. The beautiful sky, the lovely singing of the birds , the gift of the rain and the bountifulness of the thunder that rolls through the sky is all GOD. He is captain of this world. We did not arrive by a bad science experiment. But we were created with carefullness and love. God created us and he breathes in our bodies everyday that we are able to up and live. Life is to short to believe that you are living because of you. If it was that simple how come we are killing ourselves. Drugs, guns ,different hate crimes. If we determine the outcome of our own lives then why isn't every Black person leading this here earth. And please don't blame the white man. But blame yourselves. Our ancestors paved the way for us the least we can do is respect them. The church helped most of our ancestors get thru those terrible times that they were going through but their faith in the almighty kept them strong. One Love. Lakita.

By herb/w ( - 12.21.30.4) on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 07:40 pm:

you go girl, people like them give up because of the outcome. we as black people need to stay strong, and work together. the time is comming. keep loveing each other, and helping people. LOVE is stronger then HATE, no matter what, a person may hate you because of your color, your style, your looks. just keep hope alive. [GOD]. loves you, and he is watching day and night.

By Legrand H. Clegg, Editor ( - 207.105.49.5) on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:26 pm:

To: Solow

Thank you for this information. Through the work of Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, we are indeed aware of the book "A Survey of Biological and Chemical Warfare." Another excellent book on this subject is "Emerging Viruses." I believe the arthor's name is Horowitz.

By HRH-DARKOVERLORD THE REAL ( - 12.72.66.71) on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 12:29 pm:

WELL ,WELL the wizard finally comes out from behind the curtin and speaks to the masses. I was beginning to think you were a myth Legrand. keep up the good work and do more in the way of law as it concerns our large no. of political prisoners.

By chantelle ( - 205.232.102.21) on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 03:20 pm:

to herb/w

I have't given up, I have wisened up. We can keep strong and unified without Slaveianity. We would be stronger and more unified without it.

By Interneterrorist ( - 199.80.75.29) on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 11:25 am:

Spare me the drivel... Pathetic muttons. What is this we are the world crap, Herb/w? Bra' Dark, ya were right. This fellow is a sheep.

Lakita, if you are woman, why do your refer to your god as he? Isn't that chauvinistic and kinda, umm, down-right stupid. Of course, it is! Self-defeatists, man - will they ever wise up or die? Viva Castro!

By herb/w ( - 12.21.30.4) on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 05:23 pm:

Interneterrrorist
First off, I would not expect you to know anything about love with a name like "Interneterrorist".

Secondly, don't mistake my talking about love as weakness. Revenge and hate is easy, that is WEAKNESS!! To love and endure, now that is real STRENGTH!! The only reason that blacks have survived life in a white America is through a black woman's love. These same black women were beaten, raped and disgraced but still managed to take care of home. If they didn't have love, where would we be now???

By herb/w ( - 12.21.30.4) on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

to chantelle, we are getting stronger by every second. you see the true [GOD] is within you, its up to you\me\us to make a change. I, made a statment before, waiting for some one, BUT that some one is YOU/ ME/ US/, to make a differnts, this WAR, here in AMERICA, will never stop they will keep you under CONTROL, as long as it takes. FOR EXAMBLE the CHURCH, the BIBLE, WALFARE, GOVERMENT HOMES, PAPER MONEY, PIGCOPS, E,C,T. you must make a differnts. PEACE?

By DARK AND BORED ( - 12.72.3.14) on Friday, September 1, 2000 - 05:21 pm:

MORE WORTHLESS NOTHINGNESS FROM A LOST NEGROBOT HOLLERING AT THE MOON.TAKE THESE CHRISTIAN RANTS TO THE RIGHT WING TALK SITE. EACH POST BECOMES LESS AND LESS ABOUT ANYTHING ,BUT THE SOUNDS OF A LOST DEAD SOUL,SCREAMING INTO THE VOID!

By herb\w ( - 12.21.30.4) on Tuesday, September 5, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

darkable, you must be white, why are you calling your self dark, if you are dark, you have a white soul; you put every one down with there point of view, you have no drive, no hope, your the SHEEP, thats lost thanking your a leader, you just a person a low down dirty myth, looking for sh!!!t to play in. now go back to mommy? you brain dammage fool.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: