You momos

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: When Black Men Ruled The World (On Africentrism): You momos
By keepin it real ( - 216.186.206.242) on Thursday, August 17, 2000 - 10:38 pm:

The Egyptians weren't "black"! The Subsaharan blacks of Africa lacked the technology of the Egyptian empire. And, if Egyptians were black, how do you account for the modern Egyptians? Let's not be naive here. I'm not insulting black culture, I just think its ridiculous that you are accrediting the "black" African with an accomplishment that he did not accomplish. I hope everyone can have an open mind about this without chewing me out and assuming I'm wrong.
Anyway, here is an argument you just can't deny... Well, first of, there is no denying that the Hebrew people were not black, but a unique white culture. There is also no denying the fact that the Egyptians, around 1500 BCE enslaved the Hebrews. Now, if the Egyptians were indeed black, enslaving white men, wouldn't all of todays controversy over American slavery be hypocritical? You decide.

By blackangel ( - 199.80.75.29) on Tuesday, August 22, 2000 - 10:48 am:

Ummm... Keeping it Real, get your facts straight and stop speaking emotion.

By chantelle ( - 205.232.102.21) on Wednesday, August 23, 2000 - 10:41 am:

So if the Eyptians were not black, why does the bible refer to them as one of the sons of Ham. The people you see in Eypt today are Arab invaders from the 7th century. The ancient Hebrews were not a white culture. The European jews that you see today are converts to Judaism, they are not the original line of Abraham. Again if you look in the bible it tells you that when the Miriam (black) spoke against Moses (black) taking an Ethopian wife (black) she was turned white as snow. The reason why Miriam spoke against this marriage was not because the Ethopian was black but because she was of another culture, but they were all black people. Again in another passage where God wanted to prove a miracle to Moses he told him to put his hand inside his garment and his hand came out white as snow. Now if they were already white where is the miracle. Now tell of one instance in the bible were it says that a white person was turned black. Don't give me the Ham story, it's not even in the bible. Please study and use common sense before coming onto this forum. You can deny the truth all you want but the truth shall prevail.

By Michael Mills ( - 206.84.63.81) on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 10:18 am:

If the bible is to be believed, then we are all decendants of Adam & Eve, and more recently Noah. Being such, we are all brothers and sisters.

What brings a man to greatness is not his ancestry, but what he does with his life. There have many great kings and chiefs with sons and daughters that shamed them.

Do not rest on the laurels of your past. Truth or not, what you do with your life is much more important.

By ebarbara ( - 128.223.209.80) on Friday, August 3, 2001 - 10:18 pm:

Regarding subSaharan Africans and their proported minimal contribution to civilization, I've often wondered if this might not be true, and for a very good reason. If early man descended from primates who left the African forests and who adapted over thousands of years to other parts of the continent, those who remained and flourished closest to the "center" may well have changed or developed the least. As in those primitive cultures discovered during the last century, life tends to remain constant from generation to generation unless some challenge to survival forces a change.

What is silly here is that this theory takes us into the argument of inferior/superior peoples. It has often seemed to me that the "great civilizations" sprang from the hunger of their populations or the greed of their rulers.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: