It's up to us!

MELANET UnCut Chat and Discussion: When Black Men Ruled The World (On Africentrism): It's up to us!
By
Joanna Weekes ( - 206.128.192.142) on Thursday, October 19, 2000 - 07:07 pm:

First, I would like to congratulate on this inspiring, uplifting, and without exageration, "excellent" site! I would briefly like to express that it's the duty, right, and the ultimate challenge of African origin folks world-wide to rediscover their roots and instill methods to establish knowlege of events which may have been misled or misinterpreted throught history. It is definately up to us, and I speak as a proud young African Panamanian Woman, to uncover our true genesis and demonstrate it with all pride to humanity; for the benefit of our future generations, and to live up to the fact that the thruth always prevails, in spite of how idealistic that may seem. I am indeed very moved and enthusiastic about this movement and contribution that has taken place through this site. I have a personal mission in my country,Panama, as part of the Latin American culture, to establish, not so much the thruth, but the deserved value and recognition my ancestors of Barbados, Jamaica, and other West Indies are entittled to as to their abundant, sacrificed traits in the rise of the region's rich culture, and when related to one of America's most prestigious and valuable gems of engineering which is The Panama Canal; built with the help of multicultural resources, but without doubt, the Carribbean, West Indian force overwhelmed it's thriumph and is the cause of the heart and soul it represents today. Little by little our black folks are being displaced and the rich legacy they have provided has been a subject of a superficial treatment. I am a young lawyer, who is also interested and tenatious to write all I can about our Panamanian Black/Afro culture, and how we shaped and have profoundly marked this country and region! I am also willing, to the best of my ability to provide any contribution to this world-wide awareness effort focused on our black folks and their role in the beginning of civilization! Congratulations, and I exhort your successful continuance.
Thank you.

Ms. Joanna Weekes
mssprung@yahoo.com

By truth ( - 198.106.46.118) on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

you are so right if we dont do it
no body else will. we have a rich culture one that goes back a very long time. there is a move by others to discredit the contribitions of african people. as though we never did anything of value.the information is out there all you have to do is look for it. many black people in the united states are not aware that there are more black people in central and south america than in the united states, also the south pacific islands, and in asia, places like india have a large black population. keep up the good work

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: